Skip to main content

Walking through Durban

Today my students and I walked into the city to go and watch animated movies at the CFAD. The movies ranged from interesting to boring, but it was well worth going and I am sure we all got something out of it.
What impressed me more than the movies was the walk itself. The busy vibe of Durban central is always something special. But one thing really bothered me. Everytime I go downtown it seems to get more run down and more dirty. Why don't Durban people take pride in their city?
I dont know about other cities, but certainly Cape Town is not so filthy. MMMM...What does it say about us?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drawings of Paris, Pen on Paper, 1995. Done during my residence at the Cite des Arts.

City View Video

This is a work in progress. The first stage of an animated sequence. Each frame of the video is drawn using a mouse and the most basic software, Microsoft Paint.
This is one of a series of drawings I did when visiting my brother in Polokwane. They are all done on his veranda. A very peaceful spot.